Thank you to the lovely Molly Rose at the Rose Beauty Files for tagging me to do this Love/Hate tag – a great blogger so definitely check out her blog 😊.
The rules are pretty simple: In this tag we have to share 10 things we love and 10 we hate and nominate up to 10 blogs to do the same.
10 things I love:
1. The film 10 Things I Hate About You. For some reason this film struck a nerve with me when I was going through my mid-teen angst. A great teen film, starring the very young and sadly late Heath Ledger, the awesome Joseph Gordan-Levitt and my major girl crush Julia Stiles. A modern (early 2000’s) take on Shakespeare’s Taming of the Shrew. A great teen comedy and love story. Just fantastic! Love it 😊.
2. My boyfriend David – love of my life, the past two years have been just amazing. We moved in together about a year ago, he is my rock.
3. Painting my nails – I love taking care of my nails, you can never have enough nail polish, especially my beloved reds!
4. Skin care – I also love looking after my skin and attempting to give myself a relaxing spa-like treatment at home. I have an obsession with cleansers and face masks in particular.
5. The season Autumn – I love autumn, the change in the leaves, the gorgeous autumnal colours, digging out jumpers, scarves and boots. I am not a fan of being too hot, so the autumn weather in the UK is a good temperature for me. Also I have an October birthday 😊.
6. This blog – I started this blog to share my love and interests and as a means to connect with like-minded people – thank you to each and every one of you.
7. Being creative – I love art and to create, be it this blog, baking, or painting I love to express myself in a creative way.
8. Candles – I love nice smells and have an obsession with candles; Yankee Candles in particular. I especially have a penchant for the more fresh (cotton, fluffy towels etc) and sweet vanilla type scents. Just yummy!
9. Baking – I love baking, especially cupcakes, cakes and desserts. I love the creativity of icing and decorating in particular.
10. My friends and family – I have a great family and group of friends whom I just love. They are awesome.
10 things I hate:
1. Anxiety and Stress – I have suffered with this all my life coupled with low self-esteem and low-confidence. However now I am in my 30’s I have finally decided to do something about it as it was impacting on my work life. I still have good days and bad days but they are all baby steps in the right direction!
2. Answering the phone – This again is something I have always struggled with be it answering the land line, answering an unknown number on my mobile or answering the constantly ringing phone at work to the unknown! I hate speaking on the phone and would much rather have a conversation face-to-face!
3. Liquorice – I love sweets in general but I just can’t stand liquorice! Eugh! No thanks!
4. Cats – I have major allergies including the sun (yes that is a real thing – UV allergy 😩), hayfever and cats. My job involves visiting people’s houses and a lot of them have cats… So I pretty much live on anti-histamines! If not I turn into a wheezing, red eyed, streaming mess!
5. Rudeness – I really struggle with people who are rude and judgemental. Really gets under my skin.
6. Exhaustion – I have been really struggling with exhaustion recently which is so frustrating – stops me doing what I want to do.
7. Crowds – I am a natural introvert and really struggle in crowds of people, be it shopping, gigs, events etc. I find it very stressful and draining.
8. Coriander – Just hate the stuff! Why is it sprinkled on lots of food?
9. Computers – I hate it when you want a computer to do something and it is just sooo slow! My boyfriend works in IT and finds it so funny how frustrated I get with computers – apparently I have no patience! If I ask it to do something I want it to do it!! And do it now!!
10. Hanging out the washing – Self explanatory really, just a job I really loathe doing.
Hope you have enjoyed getting to know me a bit more.
- Polished By Amy
- Ellie’s Pretty Little Lessons
- Bunnies Blankets and Bandanas
- Stratford Upon Apron
- Doves and Roses
- Mrs Dimples Beauty
- And anyone else who wants to do this great tag 😊 xx